At the end of 2019, and waiting for the beginning of 2020, we are pleased to provide a summary of the results achieved with our work and the awards won this year, happy to share them with all of you. Many awards were received for the commitment, research and quality of our wines, as well as acknowledgments and mentions in the wine sector guides that enthusiastically pushed us to improve ourselves every day to give value to the world of wine in Italy and even more abroad, where we are happy to export the made in Italy and to make Tuscany known to the world.
Guida Essenziale ai Vini d’Italia
Edited by one of the most acclaimed experts in Italy, Daniele Cernilli a.k.a. Doctor Wine, the Guida Essenziale ai Vini d’Italia is proving to be once again one of the most prestigious and credible guides in the sector. Translated into English and German, in its pages it focuses only on the excellence of Italian wines.
● Fattoria di Calappiano Collegonzi 2016 score: 92
● Fattoria di Calappiano Lungarno 2016 score: 90
● Fattoria di Calappiano Chianti Vinciano 2018 score: 88
Guida Vini d’Italia del Gambero Rosso
A historic wine guide, now celebrating its 33rd edition; it is a milestone in the critique of Italian wine.
● Collegonzi Sangiovese Fattoria di Calappiano 2016 2 glasses
● Chianti Vegante 2017 2 glasses
● Governato 2016 2 glasses
● Lungarno 2016 2 glasses
● Ninfato 2018 2 glasses
Annuario Migliori Vini d’Italia
More than a guide, it is a yearbook that, since 1993, has been collecting the excellence of Italian oenology according to Luca Maroni, an expert taster and protagonist of many spectacular events dedicated to the world of wine.
● Mantello 2017 > 98 points scored
● Governato 2018 > 96 points scored
● Testardo 2017 > 95 points scored
● Forziere Chianti Classico Riserva 2016 > 94 points scored
● Chianti Dal Campo > 95 points scored
The 2019 Awards
This year, Sensi collected plenty of medals from prestigious awards in the most important competitions around the world. These are the most significant awards.
At the Decanter Wine World, the largest wine competition in the world organized by the famous English magazine, Sensi received 4 Silver Medals:
● Sensi Anniversario Sangiovese 90 Tuscany 2016 Silver Medal
● Sensi Campoluce 90 Tuscany Chianti 2017 Silver Medal
● Sensi Governato 90 Tuscany Toscana 2017 Silver Medal
● Sensi Sabbiato 90 Tuscany Bolgheri 2016 Silver Medal
Berliner Wine Trophy
The Berliner Wine Trophy has become the largest wine competition in Germany and every year gathers together world-famous wine makers and distributors.
● Toscana IGT Sangiovese Edizione Anniversario 2016 Berliner Gold Medal
● Chianti DOCG Biologico Campoluce 2017 Berliner Silver Medal
● Toscana IGT Sangiovese-Shiraz Mantello 2016 Berliner Gold Medal
International Wine Challenge
The IWC is the most renowned blindfolded wine competition in the world. It assesses each wine according to the type, region and vintage and includes three successive tastings by at least 10 different judges before awarding a medal.
● Bolgheri DOC Sabbiato 2016 Gold Medal
● Toscana Rosso IGT Governato 2017 Silver Medal
● Toscana IGT Sangiovese-Shiraz Mantello 2016 Bronze Medal
● Chianti DOCG Biologico Campoluce 2017 Bronze Medal
Browse our wines
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sensi Today is Sensi’s newsletter to stay always updated on events, activities and everything related to the Sensi world. Subscribe now!